Want to wish everyone a Happy Australia Day!
My cake caused a bit of a stir this morning on Twitter & facebook with the debate “Thongs or Flip Flops!” I think Thong is in the lead despite I’m in the UK. If you want your say please post a comment.
This cake holds a little surprise when cut. I’m awaiting a photo….
If you want to make this cake your self at home you will need:-
- 300g Butter Unsalted
- 300g Caster sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 450g Self Raising flour
- Lemon Zest
- 2 Vanilla pod seeds only or 1tsp vanilla Paste
- Green Food Colouring Paste
- Yellow Food Colouring Paste
- Butter cream / 100g unsalted butter & 200g Icing sugar
- Cream the Butter, sugar, Lemon & vanilla seeds or Paste.
- Add the Eggs slowly.
- Fold in the Sieved Flour.
- Split the mix in two.
- Colour one half Green the other Yellow.
- Line four 7″ rings with Paper or use silicone.
- Fill two with Yellow & two with Green.
- Bake 180C until springy (15mins Approx)
- Allow to cool then cut each Sponge into Five Rings.
- Then re-stack alternating the colours. Sticking together with Jam & Butter cream.
- Cover in Butter cream & leave to set.
- Cover in Fondant & away you go…