Was great to get a chance to work along side Michaël Rispe on setting up and running the first UK Demale demonstration. To see the full Demarle Range
Sorry for the poor Photo quality it was with my old camera.
Held at the National Bakery School, 103 Borough Road, London, SE1 0AA
The demonstration featured a selection of savoury, sweet & bakery recipes suitable for buffets, canapé, dessert & pastries. A selection of Ingredients from the SOSA range was used.
The recipes used were taken from Demarle’s new Gourmet Secrets book and include:
- Sunrise with Passion Fruit, Mango and Dark Chocolate -(Demarle Moulds/mats used) Rising Sun Relief Mat TF 01010 + Stainless Steel Frame CA 1010 + Flexipat 1cm deep + Flexipat 2cm Deep.
- Pistachio & Apricot Paris-Brest with Choux Praline & Caramel (round shape) and Choux Gourmandise Raspberry (long or round) (Demarle Moulds/mats used)Savarins FP 1339 + Silform Paris Brest SF 1087
- Brioche ‘to Share’ -(Demarle Moulds/mats used) Individual Silform Moulds Ref.336
- Rhubarb & Strawberry Fondant Brioche – (Demarle Moulds/mats used)Mini Oval FP 1077 + Oval SF 1088
- Mousse of Red Pepper Mousse – (Demarle Moulds/mats used) Square Savarins FP 1105 + Silpain + Square Cutter
- Savoury Mushroom or Tomato Cake – (Demarle Moulds/mats used) Annapurna FP 1184 (Sold with a stainless steel frame Ref. Sup 1464 00)
Chocolate Chip & Orange Sponge Recipe – Shown in the Photos used the mini-St Honore crown Moulds
- 500g Eggs
- 700g Sugar
- 10g Salt
- 300g Creme fraiche or Double cream
- 2 orange Zest or 80g SOSA Pistachio Paste
- 540g Flour plain T55
- 20g Baking powder
- 200g Melted unsalted butter
- Chocolate Chips optional
- Mix the Eggs + Sugar + Salt with a whisk (Making a batter no need to over whisk).
- Add Creme Fraiche or Double cream.
- Add the orange zest or SOSA Pistachio Paste, Flour + Baking Powder.
- Add the Melted but not hot Unsalted Butter.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips if using.
- Fill @mini-St Honore crown Ref. FP1189 Moulds
- Cook at 170C for 35mins approx.
- Wrap in Cling film to retain Moisture if not using straight away.
- Garnish as requires (Photo with Chocolate Ganache, fresh Raspberry & Tempered Chocolate).
Brioche Individual Silform Moulds Ref.336
- 200g Flour T55
- 300g Flour T45
- 60g Sugar
- 12.5g Salt
- 25g Milk Powder
- 270g Eggs
- 25g Yeast
- 250g Butter
- 100g Fermented dough
- Place into the bowl mixer the 2 flours + Salt + Milk powder
- Incorporate the Eggs on speed 1
- Add the Yeast & knead on speed1 till the dough doesn’t look sticky any more.
- Then Incorporate the butter and fermented dough at room temperature, Mix on Speed 2 to achieve a smooth dough.
- Leave to rise 1 hour at room temperature, after fold over the dough to re-oxygenize it and then cling film and place in fridge for 12 hours.
- Divide the dough into balls and place in the individual Silform Moulds Ref.336 .
- Bake at 200C for 20 to 25 mins.