Had an amazing turn out at the SOSA Demonstration Wednesday Hosted by the UK SOSA Importers the Home Chocolate Factory held at Westminster College, 76 Vincent Square, London. I would like to say a big thanks to all of you who did make it and here are a few recipes & photos for those of you who missed it….
Its always hard to do a Demonstration for 50 people from all different outlets (Restaurants, Hotels, Chocolate Shops, Bakeries, Private Chefs & Suppliers) as there needs are all different. Especially as some people attending had never used SOSA Products & other are very familiar with the products. But things ran very smooth with lots of interest & questions. Had lots of positive feedback already….
I Mainly based the demonstration around the a new SOSA Product ProMochi (KUZU) and the following setting/gelling agents as there are a lot on the market and its not easy to choose which to use if your not familiar with the products.
- Powdered Vegetable Gelling agent, Agar agar, Gellan gum, Pro-PannaCotta, Elastic & Instant Gel, ProEspuma Cold, GelCrem Cold.
I did managed to cram in a large selection of other SOSA products too:-
- Cep Powder, Blue Cheese powder type, Acid yoghurt Powder.
- Wild strawberry paste, Pear Paste.
- Sorbitol, Glucose, Dextrose, Glycerine.
- Albumina (powdered Egg white), Maltosec, Guar Gum.
- Eucalyptus essential oil, Wet Proof Strawberry Crispy.
Crispy Focaccia Beetroot Semi Gel
Focaccia (wheat free)
- 280g SOSA Pro-Mochi (Kuzu)
- 8.5g SOSA Cep powder
- 23.5g Fresh yeast
- 6.75g SOSA Gelespessa
- 8.5g Salt
- 23.5g Sugar
- 405ml Water
- Combine all the ingredients with a hand blender.
- Leave to ferment at 45C for 50 minutes
- Roll the dough out over a non stick surface. (spread with a pallet knife onto Silpat mat).
- Bake it at 180C for 15mins
- Dry it out at 85C until it becomes crisp
Beetroot Semi Gel
- 25g Gelcrem Cold (Modified Potato starch)
- 300g Beetroot juice
- 25g Sugar
- Lemon juice & salt to taste
Blend all the ingredients together (there is no need to heat so no flavour lost
Strawberry Panna cotta & Foam tasting pots
- 200g Milk
- 250g Cream
- 50g Strawberry Puree
- 40g SOSA Strawberry Paste
- 2g SOSA Goma Garrofi (locust bean gum)
- 25g Sugar
- 3g SOSA Pro-Pannacotta (Vegetarian setting agent)
- Boil all ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Pour into moulds to set. (freeze if doing spheres).
- 500g Strawberry Purée
- 50g SOSA ProEspuma Cold
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Blend together.
- Gas with NO2, Shake & Refrigerate.
Then finished the Demo with a selection of Chocolates showing how to lower the aW value. Ganache with aW of 0.82 giving up to 3 Months Shelf Life stored at 12C :-
- Flavoured with SOSA Eucalyptus essential oil.
- SOSA Acid Yoghurt Powder & strawberry wetproof crispys. (perfect Chocolate for the summer)