Having had someone cancel a SOSA Demonstration I gave Delifresh the Challenge of Hosting a SOSA Demonstration with only Three weeks notice…
These guys are defiantly on the ball and would recommend anyone to use them.
- Excellent Venue :- Dean Clough Cookery School, Halifax .
- Some lovely fresh produce to work with from Delifresh .
- Good Turnout :- A Big thank you to all the Chefs that came.
- Lunch for everyone in the Design house restaurant after.
The Demonstration was based around a small selection of SOSA Basic Key ingredients.
Here are a selection of Photographs & some of the recipes from the Day (I will be adding a Video to this post ASAP).
Crispy Focaccia,Tomato onion Semi Gel
- 280g Pro-Mochi (Kuzu)
- 4.5g Cheese powder
- 23.5g Fresh yeast
- 6.75g Gelespessa
- 8.5g Salt
- 23.5g Sugar
- 405ml Water
- Combine all the ingredients with a hand blender.
- Leave to ferment at 45C for 50 minutes
- Spread the dough out thin over a non stick surface. (More like a genouise sponge mix than a bread dough).
- Bake it at 180C for 15mins
- Dry it out at 85C until it becomes crisp
We baked some of the mix in a deep Sponge tin it came out like a Crumpet.
Tomato & Onion Semi Gel
- 25g Gelcrem Cold (Modified Potato starch)
- 300g Tomato juice
- 25g Sugar
- Lemon juice & salt to taste
- 5 drops of Onion aroma (comes in a 50ml bottle)
Blend all the ingredients together (there is no need to heat so no flavour lost)
Cod in Airbag Black Olive crumble, Corgette puree, Fake Tomato Caviar.
This was plated & served as a tasting pot for everyone to try.
- Cod diced
- Seasoned Flour
- Airbag flour
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the cod into cubes and Pane in flour, egg then airbag flour.
- Cooked in the vegetable oil.
- Drain & serve
- 50g Flour
- 50g Butter
- 12g SOSA Black Olive powder
- Mix all the Ingredients together until you get a crumble.
- Bake at 170C until golden brown.
- 500g Courgette Puree
- 25g SOSA Gelcrem Hot.
- Dice & blanch the courgette & blend to a Puree.
- Blend with the GelCrem Hot.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes & re-blend.
- Can be held hot or blast chill & heated for service.
- 300g Lemon Juice
- 100g Water
- 100g stock syrup
- 2g Lecithin
- Blend all ingredients with a Hand blender.
- Store in refrigerator until use.
- Blend to order and scoop off and use the Bubbles.
(The Bubbles can be frozen and served as lemon air)
- Fry cod, heat up the Courgette puree, drain the Tomato caviar, top with Olive crumble & re-blend the lemon foam & serve.
Next up was dessert, Cherry Chocolate & Yoghurt. Recipe to follow…
Delifresh had then organized a light lunch to end the day at the Design house restaurant underneath the cookery school.
I also want to Thank Jing Wang who came up from Cambridge & helped me with the Demonstration receiving a little hands on SOSA training. Always happy for a little help.