There are many SOSA Products that are Ideal for Helping with Baking, I will be posting a selection of recipes here to make the most of them.
The SOSA Vegetable Powders are handy to add to products when the Moisture is not required. E.g. Bread, Sponge and Meringue. They are natural products But are very intense in Flavour so a little difficult to use direct onto the plate But perfect to Flavour baked goods.
SOSA Tomato Powder:
- 200 g Whole egg
- 25 g Flour
- 20 g Freeze-dried tomato powder (cs)
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the ingredients with a blender put the mixture into a foam machine and let stand in refrigerator.
- Charge the siphon with 2 gas cream whipper.
- Make a hole or cut with a knife in the bottom of the glass Fill glasses with the mixture until ¾ siphon.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 35/40 seconds.
- Turn upside down to cool and de-mould with a knife.
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 8g to 10g SOSA Tomato powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp Mustard Powder
- 55g Unsalted Butter
- 25g Mature Cheddar Grated. Extra for topping if required..
- 25g Parmesan Grated
- 1 Egg + one for egg wash
- 50ml Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Sieve the Flour + Tomato powder + Mustard powder + Salt + Baking powder in to a bowl.
- Rub in the Butter.
- mix in the Grated Cheese + Egg + Milk
- Bring together to form a dough, Don`t over work!
- Cling film & leave to rest in the fridge.
- Cut out, Egg wash can be topped with extra grated cheddar & Ham….
- Bake on 180C until golden brown.
Cheese & Tomato Bread/Pin-wheels
Cheese & Tomato Popcorn
- Popping corn
- Vegetable Oil – Enough to cover the base of the Pan
- SOSA Vinegar Powder
- SOSA Cheddar Cheese powder
- SOSA Tomato Powder
- Put the oil popping corn in a large cold Pan.
- Cover with a Lid & place on the Stove.
- Cook until the Corn has popped.
- Remove the popped corn from the Pan into a Large bowl
- Season with the SOSA Vinegar Powder, Cheddar Cheese & SOSA Tomato Powder to taste.
Nachos with a Chilly Cheese Foam
- 250g Double cream
- 250g Milk
- 15g Chilly sauce
- 15g SOSA Cheddar Cheese Powder
- Blend all the Ingredients together & Boil
- Fill Foam machine & gas with 1 cream whipper (NO2)
- Keep refrigerated
Strawberry Sponge (Microwave)
- 400g Eggs
- 50g Plain Flour
- 40g Sugar
- 30g Freeze dried strawberry Powder
- Cut a small hole in a plastic cup.
- Blend all the ingredients together using a hand blender, You may need to pass.
- Fill a cream Whipper and gas with Two Cream Whipper bulbs (No2) would normally only recommend using one gas.
- Shake well and half fill the cup with the whole.
- Microwave on full power for 30-40 seconds.
- Until the Sponge is cooked dry to touch.
- Turn upside down to cool, Freeze. This will make removing more easy.
- Dry out in an oven or dehydrator for a few hours until the sponge is crispy.
- Puff pastry trim
- SOSA Black Olive Powder
- Paprika / cayenne pepper
- Lemon zest
- Roll out the Puff Pastry trim cut into A3 size rectangles
- Sprinkle one with Paprika, Lemon Zest & the Olive powder.
- Cover with Puff pastry
- Sprinkle with Olive powder & Paprika
- Continue to layer up with three more pieces of puff pastry
- Cover & rest (This can be frozen)
- Slice the puff pastry & place between two baking mats.
- Bake on 200 C until crispy. Store in an air tight container
Can be served soft or Dried in a low oven or Dehydrator to give a crispy texture to your dish.
- 400g Whole eggs
- 60g Sugar
- 160g SOSA Peanut praline paste
- 50g Flour
-Mix all the ingredients with a hand blender
-Pour into a siphon/foam machine
-Foam into a Plastic cup 1/3 full (previously make a small hole in the bottom of the cup).
-Bake in the Microwave for 40 seconds approx
-Turn upside down & allow to cool
-Remove from cup & cut up
-serve soft or dry in a low oven or dehydrator
- 50g Flour
- 12g SOSA Green olive Powder
- 50g Butter
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a crumble.
- Bake at 170 C until golden brown.